Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Invitation to the President...

After a long hard day of saving the world, it's time for bed, but not before I mention a few wedding details (for those who are keeping up)! Tonight, I made a mock-up of our Rehearsal Dinner invites. A compromise was necessary when we decided on our wedding invitations last Monday and in the compromise, I promised him we'd do the rehearsal invites as "travel documents" of some kind since we saw sample wedding invitations like that and he fell in love immediately. Dustin has been so good about everything...and by this I mean-he has opinions and input on every decision we make, but this one made his eyes light up! So I got in touch with the stationery store and they sent me jpgs so I could decide on an invite...I thought I'd look for less expensive ones (they're always more expensive in stores, aren't they???) and found a template for them online! When I'm done, I'll share them if you guys are interested! :)

I have to immediately give credit where credit is due. The template was on this super amazing website written by a woman named "Aylee" who is also getting married pretty soon. Thanks for the templates, Aylee, and if any of you want to see a super cool wedding website blog...head her way.

Secondly, I borrowed another template from her for "Passport" invites and am revamping them into Welcome notes and Itineraries for our out of town guests (which means just about everyone)...the ones whose hotels we can locate, that is. Also, more to come on that as we get further along.

But perhaps the most exciting thing I've learned from Aylee's website so far is that we can invite the President to our wedding (which, I guess is a given...anyone can get an invite, right?) and even though there's just about no chance he'll show, he will send a response signed by he and his wife. Pretty cool, eh? I guess that's only cool if you're an Obama supporter or history buff? No?

Either way, if you're getting married or have some other event you want to invite our President and his wife to...here's the address, courtesy of Aylee...

Send your invitation to the Obamas here:
The Honorable Barack Obama and Mrs. Obama
The White House
Greetings Office Room 39
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500

Swee dreams, kit kats!
xoxo
N

No comments:

Post a Comment